Pages

Thursday, January 21

Wedding Stitching

Ok, once again- Holly if you're reading this go away! You can see these on Sunday!


Luckily I don't have that many school assignments yet and I've had time to work on these. The napkins are all complete and now I just have to do the tablecloth. Here are the 8 finished napkins:
And here's a close-up of the motif, a sort of Pennsylvania Dutch inspired Heart and Tulips design with the couple's initials springing out of the design. It's mostly double running stitch with some tiny lazy daisies and french knots.

The whole time I was making them I kept thinking- "Why don't I do things like this for myself? I'd like hand-embroidered monogrammed dinner napkins and a nice tablecloth!" But I don't think that's happening any time soon. It's easier to make crafty things for other people than for myself.

I'm thinking this will be the last crafty post for a while. School started this week and I'm plunging headfirst into 2 fiber studios, human development, and contemporary issues in art education. fun stuff. I do hope to post some images of my fiber students' sampler books next week though!

No comments:

Post a Comment