Pages

Friday, September 4

Urban Archives

I'm slowly discovering the treasure trove which is Temple University. Yesterday between classes I went to the Paley Library in search of maps. A few helpful librarians later I was down in the basement in the Urban Archives with an archive librarian pulling out folios of old Philadelphia street maps and getting my camera attached to a copy stand. It was thrilling! (I'm a total library and artifact geek)
These two images show my neighborhood circa 1880. My house is on there!
I'm not sure yet what I'll do with these, but something will happen. The piecing I did for the Woodford piece comes to mind.
I'm kind of glad I'm only doing 3 courses this semester. I've already had to read 3 lengthy articles for which I still need to write 2 pages each by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment