Pages

Sunday, June 6

Lying Fallow

I feel like I'm slacking. I'm not doing as much as I feel like I should be doing, but there's also less to do right now. In between semesters. Teaching sessions almost complete. Residency finished. So I'm taking some time to do things like watch movies and read books (real books- not just textbooks!!!). I noticed that some of my favorite authors like Isabel Allende and Margaret Atwood have published some new novels while I've been in grad-school world. I've just finished reading "The Year of the Flood" by Atwood. It seems very timely. Reading it reminded me that I'm not slacking... I'm lying fallow for a bit, to rejuvenate my creative juices and absorb some rain. It's time for input of ideas instead of the constant output.

Here's a dramatic reading of a passage from the book I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment