Pages

Saturday, February 12

Kentridge inspiration

 I've been in love with William Kentridge's work for a long time. A year ago I used a video of his to inspire a charcoal transformed drawing with my 12-13-y-o painting and drawing class. This time his porter figures have inspired another project. I'm thinking of calling it "Weight of the World". I'd like the students to work collaboratively on collaging a large silhouette figure, and then work individually on drawings to represent desires/fears/worries/objects-of-importance to pile on top of the figure.
Comparisons can be made to Atlas, to homeless and transient individuals, to the psychological weight of our thoughts.... Here's his Art 21 special and Here's a video of his shadow procession. Too bad youtube doesn't work at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment