Pages

Thursday, July 15

Beachiness and moments of calm

Somehow in my nonexistent spare time I actually got to do some artmaking the past few days. My afternoon in Cape May last week sparked a new travelogue composition. This is in progress:
I still have to print out my photos to really have a good source image for the commission I'm working on, but I've chosen some fabrics to layer up. It will have a beach panorama background, maybe with some shells and horseshoe crabs scuttling the water line, with a smaller inset of the house and garden, maybe as reverse applique.... What's really exciting to me is being brave enough to cut up the giant nude silkpainting I did last semester, transforming the hair and arm and blue background into shoreline was inspired. That and using a bit of white organza overlay for the horizon and sky!!It's been a real busy week with teaching silkscreen for teens and the new stitch and surface class at Fleisher, plus planning for future projects and classes. I'm looking forward to Saturday night when I can go to the Cathedral for the Summer Show opening reception. You're all invited! This Saturday night, July 17th, 5-7 at the Philadelphia Cathedral, 38th and Chestnut. I have some beachy pieces in the show along with photographs by Elaine Crivelli and paper sculptures by Stephen Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment