Tuesday, April 27
Going global continued
The globe is almost complete. I had a lucky find of a copper pipe exactly the right diameter to fit into my globe stand, just had to hack saw it down to the right length. I added just a few more french knots to represent some previously unrepresented areas (Thank you whoever found my blog today in Vietnam, India, Israel, and Mauritius!)I started stuffing with polyfil, and of course... as usual... I run out when I only had the last little wedge to fill in!! GRRRRRRR! Good thing this isn't due tomorrow. I attempted opening up an old pillow to use the stuffing, but it was too lumpy and felt awful. C'est la vie. I'll go buy some tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how to keep it centered on the axis- gravity keeps pulling it down, but the pipe doesn't spin on the stand prongs, so I have to allow for spin of the sphere on the pipe. Wish I had some air-dry clay- I could make a little flange.