I ended up cropping the York St. image a little, as the edges weren't really important and it pulled the focus in a little. I was also having trouble finding a background fabric- the black border definitely increased the contrast.
Saturday, March 20
I'm getting some work ready for my upcoming show and thought I'd share the process a little. This is an image I did about a year ago called "Delaware Ave", but never got around to mounting. This will be in a shadow box, so I've appliqued the piece itself to a larger background fabric which will be attached to the shadow box insert. The kantha pieces I've been working on have more layers of fabric, so they won't turn easily for an applique. So I decided to bind the edges and float mount them to the background.