Pages

Thursday, February 4

Text/Textile

If the weather cooperates and we aren't all snowed in, I'll be at Da Vinci Art Alliance on Sunday afternoon from 1-5 for the opening of Text/Textile curated by Kathryn Pannepacker. This exhibit is the 6th Philadelphia Fiber Artists show at Da Vinci which usually coincides with the Philadelphia Fiber Arts Month. This year fiber has been superceded by Philagrafika, the printmaking juggernaut that has taken over the city for the next 2 months. By choosing Text as a theme, Kathryn has managed to blend the 2 and so the show is an official part of Philagrafika.I have 2 pieces in the exhibit, one shown above. I've been fortunate to have been part of 5 out of the 6 Philadelphia Fiber Artists exhibits, only missing the one year when I was abroad. In fact, my very first exhibit outside of art school was the first in the series. It has gradually become a more curated show, and each one is more cohesive than the last. I can't wait to see it hung!

Text/Textile

Philadelphia Fiber Artists #6

Opening Sunday Feb 7th 1-5

Da Vinci Art Alliance

7th and Catharine St, Philadelphia 19147

Weds 6-8, Weekends 1-5

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mariee -- I discovered your work via HEN & just wanted to applaud and drool a bit! I really like your style -- & I'm looking forward to seeing more images from your show -- I keep a link list of "Exhibits & Lookys" that highlights cool shows & I'll be adding Text/Textile -
    best of luck (& good weather!) victoria www.freedomofstitch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! I love how HEN lets me "meet" stitchers from all over the world. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great show! Wish I could see it. Good luck and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw your work on HEN and admired it. Good luck with the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete