Pages

Wednesday, August 26

Oh, what a beautiful Day!

Today I began my grad school adventure at Tyler School of Art, Temple University. I had the pleasure of meeting Pepon Osorio, who is teaching in my department, as well as the Art Ed Chair, Joanna Moore, and the fibers head Rebecca Medel. They have very kindly allowed me to participate in the Graduate Fibers Projects course, usually reserved for MFA candidates. Despite the drudgery of a 2 hour-long woodshop orientation (zzzzzzz), it was a great day. My fellow art ed grad students are great, and I look forward to the next 2 years of study and collaboration.

Of course being on campus sets my mind whirling. I have to meet with the fibers chair next week to talk about what direction I'm interested in. So to that effect I though I'd post some of the various photographs I've been mulling over. Waiting for the bus home, standing very conspicuously in the hood, I was captured by the variety of decay and life/nature co-existing once again. (I then became even more conspicuous by whipping out my sketchbook!)
mural in Istanbul

Girard Ave in Fishtown

Berks and Front future Kensington CAPA site

Crazy caterpillar nest in Northern Liberties

Heh, thought I had more downloaded on my computer. Ah well, I still have prints. Finding beauty in the urban environment definitely interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment