Pages

Monday, April 16

Some drawings

 Stopped on a long solo hike along the Wissahickon to sketch. I pulled out my paint set, but alas! had no brushes or water. What's the survivalist artist to do? I found some pine needles at my feet and fashioned them into a brush, then poured the remains of my coffee into the lid of my cup, and painted some coffee brown into the trees.
 Later on at a diner, with an interminable wait for service, I sketched out some "Sprouts" drawings. My daughter showed the game to me- start with 9 dots, connect 2 dots and add a new dot on the new line, dots can only have 3 lines touching them, lines cannot cross. I was trying to figure out if there was a maximum number of moves. I think it might be 26. Then I was thinking about exponents, fibonacci series, and fractals for an upcoming residency project....
I accidentally shmeared some ketchup on the placemat while I was drawing. Napkins and placemats are the best place to draw.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie! Great show, Softer Edges! Speaking of dots and drawing, are you familiar with Kolam from India? Last year at St. Mary we did Kolam designs and with them made a border for a Father's Day Card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for an image for my latest post and found your photo of many colored beads, which led me here. I like your blog and have decided to follow along in your posting.

    I have linked the photo back to your blog - as you request in your "About Me" with regard to your work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete