Pages

Wednesday, August 25

Mosaics!

One of the projects this week at NLArts was to do mosaics with our 11-13 year olds and artist Natalie Wieters. To learn how to do it they started off with a personal piece about 1 foot square with a symbol or monogram. My own practice piece is above and the kids' are below. I still have to grout mine- been a little sidetracked with all the other projects going on.
Having figured out the process, now the kids are working together to create a mosaic sign to hang for the Northern Liberties Community Center, where all our NLArts activities are held.

By the way- I was very pleased to see that the Hand Embroidery Network selected my "Brick House" photo for a featured piece today! Hooray! And a big welcome to anyone who found me through HEN. It's kind of an eclectic blog, but I hope somebody out there enjoys reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment