Pages

Friday, December 9

Looking for texture

I spent the morning with a friend in the conservatory at Longwood Gardens down in the Brandywine Valley (someday I wish I can live down there...). It's a hot and humid building to escape to on a cold day. It was bright and sunny out and the light throughout the greenhouse was gorgeous. Especially in the "silver garden" full of cacti and succulents. They have such interesting textures- it's always a favorite spot to photograph



 Lots of the ferns are in hanging baskets over the pathways around the conservatory. The root systems are as interesting as the foliage...

I've been thinking about pattern and texture a lot as I prep for the silkscreen on fabric class I'll be teaching in the winter. Maybe something here will inspire me...

No comments:

Post a Comment