Pages

Sunday, November 28

no idle fingers

I've been preoccupied with paper writing on the subject of Quaker schoolgirl embroideries... one more day to finish that up... But never fear, my fingers have still been busy.
In my sliver of spare time, when I just need to decompress, I've got this little cloth going. There are some silk scraps stitched down to a grey cotton. Next I have a piece of sunprint cloth to go over it all for some reverse applique. I started it as a sample during my last Stitch and Surface class, and I'm just enjoying stitching on it.
I'll sign off with a quote I've discovered on 2 different samplers recently- one was from CT and the other from Philadelphia:
"Count that day lost whose low descending sun, views from thy hand no worthy action done"


No comments:

Post a Comment