Pages

Wednesday, September 15

Stitch Bomb!






Aww yeahhhhhhhh. Stitch and Surface started off with a bang this morning. It's over 12 hours later and I'm still riding my post-teaching adrenaline happiness. After some group conversation about city living- the good, the bad, and the ugly, each student started a 5x5 free form stitched piece in response to the conversation. After about an hour of stitching we voted to combine all the pieces into a collaborative work. So I whipped out the sewing machine, quickly seamed the pieces together, and we headed outside to stitch our piece to the telephone pole that seems to be THE place to bomb- it already had a Joe Burochow print and a strange rubber fly attached to it. I think I want to go back and staple gun it- our group stitching enterprise, while collaborative, was maybe not the most secure. Here's to random acts of beauty in the city.

3 comments:

  1. Great, + worth imitating... - whenever I see photos of such random acts of beauty, I think to myself: you have to do that in Berlin one day - it´d be definitely more fun collaborative, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ger, email me your address and I'll send you something- we'll make it collaborative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now fabric people can have the same fun as those yarn bombers!

    ReplyDelete