Pages

Saturday, May 30

New Beginnings

Over the past year I've been doing a great number of cityscape images. For the most part they've been literal, realistic translations of photographs I've taken around the city of Philadelphia, primarily in Kensington. I have a tendency to jump from series to series, from realism to abstraction, but feel a need to be more consistent. Here is a photograph that is pulling me to do something. I love the simplicity of the complementary red/green scheme and the complexity of the myriad textures. It epitomizes my fascination for the fight between urban vs natural sprawl. The literal renderings feel stale to me. So how shall I maintain consistency, broaden a body of work, but feel fresh enough to be engaged? Let's see what happens with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment